Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter

Repsol secures PSA consent to extend life of Rev gas and condensate field

The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has granted consent to Repsol Norge for extending the Rev field in the North Sea for another two years.

The Rev gas and condensate field, which is contained in production licence 038 C, has been in production since early 2009.

The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway said that the production licence was valid previously until 1 April 2021 has now been extended to 31 December 2023.

Repsol is the operator of the Rev gas and condensate field, which is located in the southern part of the Norwegian North Sea. Located four kilometers south of the Varg field, and contained in 90-110 meters of water depth, the Rev field was discovered in 2001.

The Spanish energy company now has the consent to use the facilities at the Rev field until 31 December 2023.

Repsol is the operator of the Rev field with a 70% stake and is partnered by Petoro, which holds the remaining stake of 30%.

The Rev gas and condensate field has been developed with a subsea template, which includes three production wells that are connected to the Armada field on the UK continental shelf.

Repsol secures PSA consent to extend life of Rev gas and condensate field

Repsol secures PSA consent to extend life of Rev gas and condensate field. Photo courtesy of Luis García (Zaqarbal)/Wikipedia.org.

Leave a Reply